Tom on Loki’s ‘death’ [x]
But didn’t this movie end with Loki alive and impersonating his father? You just can’t trust a dead Loki.
Stephen fry ladies and gentlemen
Stephen Fry, you ARE beautiful.
Because Stephen Fry.
I really dislike Fanfic that’s sole purpose is to bash Booth and make him a bad guy. Of course I hate Brennan bashing too. Bones is a love story and to write a fanfic showing something else is very disturbing. If you really hate Booth ( or Brennan) then why are…
There’s more than one reason to watch a show and not everyone watches because they’re shipping the leads or even like the actors.
Likewise, people write fanfic because they have a story to tell. People who don’t like a particular story should find another one. There are plenty to choose from.
Look how cute Tim is. We need more Tim Gutterson. #JustifiedFX
This week, we’re going to be clearing off one surface a day. Each day, pick a counter, table, shelf, or other surface that tends to accumulate stuff and clear it off. You can do a different surface each day, or focus on really dealing with one or two.
Find those flat surfaces where crap accumulates and reset them to clean.
How’s everyone doing with this so far?
BBC Worldwide is currently investigating a security issue around Doctor Who Series 8 where unfinished material has inadvertently been made public. We deeply regret this and apologise to all the show’s fans, the BBC and the cast and crew who have worked tirelessly making the series.We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience so that everyone can enjoy the show as it should be seen on 23rd August. We know only too well that Doctor Who fans are the best in the world and we thank them for their help with this and their continued loyalty.Hullo there, Doctor Who Tumblr here… *deep breath*Ideally no one should really know anything about the next season of Doctor Who (that hasn’t been purposefully put out by the BBC) until it premieres on August 23rd, but unfortunately some people do.While it might be tempting to look, it turns out that a lot of people don’t want to know anything at all until the new episodes premiere. Avoiding spoilers is incredibly important to many Whovians - some fans have already started a #KeepMeSpoilerFree campaign on Twitter and Tumblr.Of course, no Doctor Who fan would put themselves in a situation where they had something that they DEFINITELY weren’t supposed to have, and no fan would EVER save material or spoilers to their computers…but if they HAD done that, we would suggest:Option 1: *cyberman voice* DELETE. Spoilers spoil!Option 2: Take those spoilers and put them in a special folder titled “Do not open until these episodes premiere!”Since we started running the Doctor Who Tumblr, nothing has made us happier than seeing the worldwide fandom come together to celebrate Doctor Who. Today we’re a bigger, more global fandom than ever before and Doctor Who is the most exciting it’s ever been. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we could all experience the new series, unspoiled, when it airs on television for the first time, together as a community?While on Tumblr, we would suggest that you avoid spoilers by tagging all spoiler-y posts with “DW Spoilers” and “Spoilers” and to then install either Tumblr Savior or XKit and block those tags. With XKit you’ll have to install the “Blacklist” extension and add the tag from there.With either of those installed and the hashtag blocked, posts that pop up on your dash using that hashtag will be hidden - with XKit you can block the posts from appearing entirely. Both of the websites linked above have detailed instruction on how to install and you can definitely ask around on Tumblr if you run into any problems.Let’s do our best as Whovians to protect ourselves and each other from unwanted spoilers.
BBC Worldwide has issued an unusual press release pleading with fans not to spoil the upcoming season of Doctor Who after scripts for five episodes leaked online.
Seriously. Shut. It.
Okay, a list of reasons about Spuffy:
- First of all “instead of helping keep her on her path”? I mean, Buffy was severely depressed throughout s6 and Spike and Tara were the only ones she felt like she could turn to. Spike was a welcomed distraction for her and was the only one who made her “feel anything”, so their relationship was actually a part of her recovery imo.
- (The incident in Seeing Red was gross and really unnecessary and I won’t defend it). But Spike doesn’t make excuses for himself and he takes responsibility for his actions. He gets his soul back so he can feel the full implications of what he has done and bears that burden.
- (I don’t want this to be a comparison against Angel (or Riley) but I guess at some point it’s inevitable so…) Thematically, in the later seasons, Spike, Willow, Buffy, Giles, and Tara become pillars of the show (for me, anyway, because you can pair any of these five up and draw parallels between them). As one example, you have Giles and Tara parallels about them overcompensating for being “bad” in the past (the air quotes are for Tara because she hasn’t actually done anything), and Spike and Willow parallels which are the opposite - covering up their nerdy pasts with supernatural abilities and badness. The way I see it, Buffy is in the middle of these four because she represents different facets of both of these ideas. Spike opens Buffy up to the slayer’s relationship with death and destruction, which I think was really healthy for her to explore. Basically, he understood her when no one else in her life at the time did or could, which is exactly what she needed.
- He took an interest in the two most important people in Buffy’s life; her family. He actively maintained a relationship with the Summer’s women. He respected Joyce and vice versa, and came to Buffy’s house to show his respects for Joyce when she died. He brought flowers, and when Xander accused him of doing so just to get into Buffy’s pants, Willow points out that he didn’t leave a card so he clearly didn’t want any credit. He never looked down on Dawn or treated her like a kid, and vowed to protect her, and kept this promise up until and after Buffy’s death.
- Refused to tell Glory that Dawn was the key and endured torture from a hell god as a result.
- Apart from Faith, he was the only one to actually go after Buffy after she had been kicked out of her own house by her friends and family, and stood up to them and told them how selfish they were being.
- Joins Buffy’s cause to fight evil (long before getting his soul back), and gives up his life for it.
- "I know that I’m a monster, but you treat me like a man." "When I say I love you, it’s not because I want you or because I can’t have you. It has nothing to do with me."
- Buffy has exactly four sexual partners, all of which “change” after sex and treat her badly (it’s a recurring theme of the show). Exactly one of these sexual partners owns up and takes responsibility for his actions and that’s Spike.
- And finally, an extract from this magnificent piece of writing that sums up the rest of my feelings re: Spuffy:
"Thus: when Angelus is trying to end the world, Spike is trying to save it. When Xander is busy making threats and lying, Spike is saving Giles and keeping his promises. When Riley is out paying lady vamps to bite him, or sulking because Buffy’s had the temerity to put her own need to be strong ahead of his need to feel manly and protective, Spike is telling her the truth and offering quiet, undemanding support. When Willow and the others are smothering the newly resurrected Buffy, Spike gives her an out. And when absolutely everyone betrays her at the end of S7, it’s Spike alone who keeps faith with her. From villain to invalid to lovelorn drunk; from glowering menace to chaotic, defanged outsider; from frenemy to lover to ex; from assailant to madman to stalwart, both Spike’s personality and his relationship with Buffy undergo the most development in the whole show. He’s done some truly awful things, but when it really matters and everyone else has abandoned her, it’s always Spike, and Spike alone, who’s there to watch her back."
I will never ride the Spuffy train but I love what this says about Spike. Truly a wonderful character. #BTVS
Tilda Swinton risked arrest waving a rainbow flag in front of the Kremlin in violation of Russia’s new homosexual propaganda bill. And she wants everyone who can to reblog it in solidarity.
Guys please reblog this, it won’t ruin your blog, this is importantThank you Tilda
I love you Tilda